the PROCESS: a narrative explaining HECKMAN Architects' services and sequence.
the Goal: to make the experience enjoyable and seamless.
MEET THE ARCHITECT
- Describe qualifications, experience, and values.
- Determine style and personality fit.
- Discuss scope of work, schedule and budget.
- Listen to clients and identify needs and goals.
- Furnish Letter of Agreement with fee structure.
ANALYSIS AND CODE REVIEW
- Measure existing house and/or site.
- Identify site features such as views, light, wind, access, and topography.
- Research code requirements and project viability.
- Develop and discuss multiple schemes with various layout and budget options.
- Provide construction cost estimates.
- Produce 3D model as desired.
- Listen to client feedback and revise as needed.
- Coordinate with permit officials, manufacturers, engineers and other consultants and communicate with you their findings.
- Draft and develop plans, elevations, sections and details for construction.
- Incorporate zoning calculations and other jurisdiction requirements.
- Send drawing set to approved contractors for bidding and assist with selection.
- Visit the construction site and review work for compliance with drawings.
- Review product samples provided by client or contractor.
- Resolve conflicts and questions about design intent that may arise.
- Provide supplementary details as needed.
- Congratulations on completion of your project.
- Follow up and feedback on design features.